New Hampshire Baseball Umpires Association
"Dedicated to improving and promoting baseball umpiring in New Hampshire"
Covid Guidelines for 2021
- Umpires will wear masks (Gaiters are allowed)
- For the Pre-game Conference at the plate:
- 1 person from each team with at least 6 feet of social distancing.
- You will receive a lineup card from each team, they will exchange lineups with each other prior to the meeting so you are not passing copies around.
- Defensive team will supply the baseballs each 1/2 inning, you do not have to handle them.
- In the event that a pitcher goes to his mouth, call time. The ball is taken out of play and the pitcher must sanitize his hands.
- If a coach wants to come onto the field to ask about a call, they must maintain social distancing (minimum of 6 feet).
- No seeds, gum or spitting will be allowed.
- No hand shaking allowed.
- Have a small hand sanitizer in your pocket during the game.
- Call the home school at least 24 hours before the game to check on bathroom/changing facilities, game time and any special protocols that the school may have.
- If a player or coach does not adhere to the mask rule social distancing or any other of these guidelines, issue a warning. If they continue, coach can be restricted.
- If a player persists, tell the coach to remove the player from the game. Remember they can re-enter if they comply.
** Special Note: I have verified through the NHIAA that all schools in D1, D2 and D3 are wearing masks. I will let you know on D4 as soon as I know.
In closing, please note that things can change during the season from a COVID standpoint. I will keep you updated ASAP if that is so. Contact me if you have questions.
Have a great season, Jim Fletcher (Supervisor-of-Umpires)
For the 2021 season, there are no rules changes. Accordingly, the rule book, and casebook from last year will be used for this season.
Please see the email from Billy Mak with President Ted Houlihan's updates on the recent executive board meeting regarding interpretation times and dates.
NHBUA Dues Schedule
NHBUA dues are paid a year in advance, and are due 6/30 each year for the next season. The fee for dues is based on a Varsity game fee for the next season. The following fee schedule is in place for the 2022 season.6/30/2021 — 90.00.
Dues are due to Duane by June 30 in order to avoid the late fee.
Send your check to:
78 Harmony Way
Manchester, NH 03104
PLEASE REVIEW the New Set of Policies and Procedures
The executive committee has adopted a new set of policies and procedures. Click here to open.
NHBUA Executive Board Meetings
Executive Board meetings are always open to NHBUA members. Meetings are normally held at NHTI and begin at 8:30am. It is suggested that you either call or email a board member if you plan on attending since times and location may change at the last minute. Below is the schedule period for all board meetings.
- January: The Sunday after Martin Luther King Day
- March: The second Sunday prior to the Annual Meeting and Rules Review
- June: The Sunday after Finals weekend
Crews who worked the state championship games.
Div 1: Phil Levesque, Gary Noyes, and Jim Walsh
Div 2: Dave Witham, Dominic Rovetto, and Kevin Bolduc
Div 3: Dave Webster, Rich Driscoll, and Jim Nelson
Div 4: Doug Stevens, Rick Force, and Gordy Schupmann
Mouse Over to Zoom.